1. What are Glitter Tattoos?
Glitter Tattoos are a type of temporary tattoo that are produced using a stencil template, body adhesive and cosmetic glitter.
2. How long does a Glitter Tattoo last?
If the skin is cleaned properly and the tattoo applied correctly, the glitter tattoo can last up to 7 days.
3. What are Glitter Tattoo Stencils?
Glitter Tattoos are a three layer stencil, paper backing, black template and top clear sheeting.
4. Are Glitter Tattoos Waterproof?
Glitter Tattoos are waterproof, however, do not rub tattoo whilst wet during bathing or swimming. Long regular use of chlorinated swimming pools will diminish the tattoo.
5. What size are glitter tattoo stencils?
The perimeter of the average sized regular stencil is approximately 6cm x 6cm, a midi stencil is approximately 4cm x 3cm (dependent on design) and mini stencils are 2.5cm x 2.5cm
6. Are Glitter Tattoo stencils re-useable?
NO. It is not recommended to reuse stencils because they have self-adhesive backing and can cause cross-contamination from person to person.
7. Can I do a Glitter Tattoo on the Face?
The stencils can be used on the face but only using Glitter Body Art “Make Up Glitter Fix” and Premium Cosmetic Glitter.
8. How to you remove a Glitter Tattoo?
Surgical spirit will remove the tattoo, however, if on the face then use Makeup Remover.
9. What glue do you use for a Glitter Tattoo?
Body Glue Plus by Glitter Body Art is specially formulated body safe glue. Do not use PVA craft glue.
10. What is the minimum age for a Glitter Tattoo?
Do not use on children under 3 years of age.
11. Do I need Public Liability insurance for doing Glitter Tattoos on the general public?
Yes, this is crucial before using on the public at events, parties etc
12. How much do I charge for doing a Glitter Tattoo?
The average size tattoo we recommend charging £4 plus and for the mini stencils £1.
13. How to clean the skin before applying a Glitter Tattoo?
Use surgical spirit to clean the skin before applying, this helps it to last longer.
14. What glitter do you use for Glitter Tattoos?
Only use Cosmetic Grade glitter that is safe to use on the skin.
15. Where can you put a Glitter Tattoo?
Glitter Tattoos are safe to use anywhere but not on intimate areas or unbroken skin.